Suits Me is an online store I somehow stumbled across, I liked the look and the prices of their outfits so when I noticed the words "clearance sale" I decided to order something and check it out for myself!!
The site supplies the following: ladies readymade, menswear, jewellery, sarees, kids, ladies kurta, shawls, footwear, shalwars and handbags.
My first browse took me to the ladieswear section
They have 10 pages worth of Shalwar suits, but only 2 pages of trouser suits, and only 2 churidar suits! Considering churidar suits are pretty much what everyone is wearing at the moment, it makes me think this site isn't exactly the height of fashion!
Also, after looking at the suits themselves, and the prices, I'd say most of these outfits would be for daytime wear rather than going out. There's nothing wrong with that though, everyone needs a good few casual but still pretty outfits don't they??!
This outfit caught my eye (can you tell I'm into funky sleaves?)
but as always, they didn't have my size...and in fact I wasn't even sure if the sizes from Suits Me would fit at all. Although I'm pretty sure I'm not a "L" or "XXL" which is all they have left in that outfit.
In the end I ordered this outfit:
It wasn't the nicest outfit on the site, but here's why I ordered it:
1) It was cheap, even if I didn't like it I wouldn't be crying over the fact that I'd just spent £15 (£11.25 for the outfit + £4.50 postage)
2) They had it in a small size - XS
3) 3/4 length sleeves - good for all this cold weather
I went through the order process, no problems there, and a few days later my outfit arrived. What was the verdict??
- it was too big! I know I'm petite, but an XS in most places usually fits me.
- the design I'd chosen didn't have much shape, so even when my sister tried it on (the size was fine for her) it wasn't fitted or very flattering.
Don't let that put you off though! In hindsight, I think I did make a poor choice when it came to picking the outfit. It would probably suit a lot of people, and the fact that they didn't have anything above a size S shows people have been buying it...
Here's the final verdict on Suits Me:
- the prices
- the site design
- how easy it is to buy stuff
- the sizes and availability of current stock
- not all of the outfits have pictures
- not exactly cutting edge fashion
Overall, I'd still shop there (if they did an XXS!) and perhaps I'd be a bit more careful when choosing my outfit, after all, just cause something looks nice on a model it doesn't mean it's going to look good on me!
As I said before, the site has good, reasonably priced everyday stuff, so if you're wardrobe is already crammed with full-on-embroidered party wear, and you want something you can breathe in and still look half decent, then Suits Me is worth a browse.
* suits me also have 2 stores in Bradford, and 1 in Halifax - check out their website for details